The City of Cathedral City is seeking an energetic person to join our Finance Department. Do you enjoy being part of a team? This may be the position for you!
The ideal candidate, under general direction, coordinates activities involved in processing City payrolls to include payment and accounting of salary, payroll deductions, benefits, and related obligations; maintains time reports, payments, benefit accruals, and payroll deductions; investigates and corrects errors regarding salary, deduction and leave banks; prepares confidential reports on salary and benefit costs and other data in support of negotiations and grievance resolution; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in finance, accounting, economics, public or business administration, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, public or business administration or a closely related field is desirable.
- Three years (full-time equivalent) of increasingly responsible payroll accounting experience, which included the direct preparation and maintenance of automated payroll, preferably in a public agency
- Valid Class C California driver’s license
- Certification as a Certified Payroll Specialist (CPS) is desirable.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cathedralcityca/jobs/2983637/payroll-coordinator