As part of the CARES Act passed by Congress, a new meal program is being implemented right now for Cathedral City and throughout Riverside County for seniors making less than $74,940 who need meals delivered to their homes from local restaurants in order to avoid being stricken by the coronavirus. The program provides up to $66 per day, seven days a week due to COVID-19. This is free of charge to qualifying seniors.
The program allows a senior to spend up to $16 breakfast, $17 lunch and $28 for dinner, plus $5.00 for incidental expenses. The total daily benefit of $66.00. Great Plates Delivered is designed to allow high risk groups to Stay at Home and receive nutritional meals during the COVID pandemic while also benefitting restaurants that are currently struggling as most Californians stay home.
Those who qualify must not be able to prepare or obtain meals on their own and be one of the following:
- Seniors, age 65 and older who are not currently receiving Cal-Fresh, Home Delivered Meals, or Meals on Wheels AND earn less than $74,940 per year as a single household or less than $101,460 as a 2 person household.
- Individuals Under 65 years of age that suffer from one of the following high risk groups who are not currently receiving Cal-Fresh, Home Delivered Meals, or Meals on Wheels AND earn less than $74,940 per year as a single household or less than $101,460 as a 2 person household:
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Serious heart conditions
- Immunocompromised (cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use or corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications)
- Severe obesity
- Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Been diagnosed COVID-19 positive
- Been documented to have been exposed to COVID-19 by a public health official or medical professional
Sign-up now at: https://riversideihss.org/IntakeAppSenior