The Cathedral City Economic Development Department is committed to keeping our Cathedral City Business community up to date on County, State and Federal resources which are being made available to assist small businesses during these challenging times. Please check the www.ccedd.org website daily as information is constantly evolving. Other websites that are providing valuable and timely updates include: SBA disaster assistance, Riverside County Health, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on the aforementioned resources or if you need assistance completing various applications.
Our business community is an integral component of the beautiful and unique tapestry that makes up Cathedral City. As a City, we must come together to support our businesses. It will be through this unity and support we will both preserve and enrich the beautiful tapestry, which has been assembled over the last 39 years.
“Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much” (Helen Keller, July 1888)
The City Council voted unanimously to enact Emergency Order 2C which forbids the marketing, rental or lease of short-term lodging facilities through June 19, 2020 except for items listed in Sections 3 and 5.
In an effort to stop or slow the spread of the Coronavirus, the City Council voted 4 to 1 on Emergency Order Number 3 to mandate the use of face coverings, effective immediately.
- Replacing lost income:
- For those affected by COVID-19, here is a great summary of what California Employment Development Department is offering.
- Unemployment Insurance: Here is how to file a claim.
- Paid Family Leave: Here is how to file a claim.
- For those with a disability: EDD Disability Insurance and/or Supplemental Security Income
- For those 65 and over: Supplemental Security Income
- Saving money:While there is a nearly endless list of creative ways to save money, below are valuable local resources:
- Southern California Gas reduced rate plan for income qualified families (California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE)
- Southern California Edison reduced rate CARE and FERA plans;
- CVWD-Coachella Valley Water District Help2Others Customer Assistance Program
- Desert Water Agency Help2Others Customer Assistance Program
- California Earned Income Tax Credit and Young Child Tax Credit
- Google “Cathedral City resale store” for a list of great stores offering real bargains
- Landing a great new job:
- Preparing for interviews: "60 Seconds and You’re Hired". Single best interview preparation resource I have found. Contact me for a copy.
- Spend time creating a solid resume; this will be future employers’ first impression of you!
- Leverage the expertise provided by the professionals within the Riverside County Workforce Development Center.
- Transportation: Coachella Valley’sSunline Transit Agency is demonstrating, yet again, their proactive thinking, leadership and concern for Coachella Valley residents with free local fixed route and paratransit bus service.
- Ensuring food security: Keeping yourself and your family healthy during this crisis is best achieved through adequate rest and nutrition. Below are resources to ensure you and your family have enough to eat:
- Stay healthy: Managing income loss, health concerns or social isolation one at a time can be challenging. Managing all three of these concerns at once requires intentional effort to maintain a healthy emotional outlook. Below are several articles which can help keep our situation in perspective.
- “How to manage the psychological effects of quarantine” by Dr. Mark Banschick M.D.
- “8 Things to Do While Under Quarantine” by Dr. Kyle D. Killian, PhD. LMFT
- “How to deal with uncertainty” by Dr. Clay Drinko, PhD.
- “Healing the Heart During COVID-19” by Christine Fonseca, M.S.
- “In Helping Others, You Help Yourself” by Dr. Marianna Pogosyan PhD.
The resources below provide information about organizations who are working to minimize the financial impacts to small businesses.
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac instruct servicers to offer 12-month moratoriums on mortgage payments if borrowers suffer hardship
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Grubhub and Major Cities Across the U.S. Launch Economic Relief Effort up to $100 Million for Independent Restaurants and Delivery Partners Impacted by COVID-19
- Working Program if reduced production, services, or other conditions cause employers to seek an alternative to layoffs
- Small Business Finance Center – Jump Start Loan Program, a Small Business Loan Guarantee Program, and a Farm Loan Program
- Riverside County Economic Development Business Resources
- County of Riverside Microenterprise Loan Program (MLP)
- MicroEnterprise Collaborative Inland Southern California: Small Business Finance & Resource Portal
- Coachella Valley Economic Preparation and Protection Plan
- EDD - Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- Workplace School and Home Guidance
California's iBank Microloan program
Several important provisions the business community should know about. https://covid19.ca.gov/business-and-employer
California is providing broad assistance to small businesses and employers impacted by COVID-19. This includes: Small business interest free deferral of sales/use tax up to $50,000 for businesses with less than $5 million in taxable sales. Federal small business stimulus programs: Economic Injury Disaster Loan Advance Paycheck Protection Program Small Business Debt Relief 90-day extension […]
How to Apply. Qualifying small business owners may apply for a loan guarantee or get additional information by contacting one of the participating Financial Development Corporations (FDCs) from the list below.. Jump Start Loan Program
Coronavirus Response: How to Help
Everyone has a role to play in the whole community fight against COVID-19. Learn how to help if you are a company with medical supplies to donate or sell, a volunteer who is medically trained, or a member of the general public.
The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act The programs and initiatives in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist business owners with whatever needs they have right now .
Government Policy Update
- Proclamation on Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
- Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers PDF REVISED 4/30/20
- California List of Essential Workers
- COVID-19 Health Order-03/19/2020
- Resolution Declaring an Emergency in Cathedral City
- Closure of Short Term Vacation Rentals, Time Shares, Hotels and Motels
- SBA's resources in Spanish
- Asistencia de Desastre de la SBA en Respuesta al Coronavirus
- SBA Clarifies Eligibility of Faith-Based Organizations to Participate in Paycheck Protection and Economic Injury Disaster Loan Programs
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Loans for up to $2 million for Small Businesses Affected by the Coronavirus.
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Imperial Irrigation District
Southern California Edison
- To help with financial challenges due to COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending disconnections for customers unable to pay their bill.
SCE Community Resources
Bill Assistance (for those who need help paying their bill)
Desert Water Agency
Southern California Gas
Cathedral City Restaurants that offer take-out/delivery
- Apong’s Philly Steak: Takeout and Delivery through Postmates, Grubhub, and Doordash. Open 11 am to 6 pm Tuesday through Saturday.
- Applebee’s: Curbside pickup and takeout orders from 11 – 9 p.m. daily
- Bangkok Noodles: Takeout and delivery through Doordash and Postmates. Open daily from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. 20% off everything.
- Bontá Restaurant & Bar: Takeout options available from Wednesday through Saturday, 4 – 7 p.m.
- Boy’s Hamburgers: Takeout available
- Capizzi’s Cheesecake-Pizza and then some: Takeout and delivery available through UberEats, GrubHub and Postmates from Tuesday through Saturday, 2 – 8 p.m.
- Daniel’s Table: Takeout options available
- El Ranchito Taco Shop: Takeout available Sun – Thurs from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; 760-321-9751
- El Revolucionario Mexican Food: Take-out available, delivery from Post Mates, Daily from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Frankie’s Italian Bakery, Café and Supper Club: Takeout options available from Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- George’s Bar & Grill: Takeout options available from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- India Oven: Takeout and Postmates delivery available
- La Michoacana Ice Cream Parlor & Candy Shop: Takeout options available
- Los Arcos: Takeout available
- Nicolino’s Italian Restaurant: Takeout and delivery available through UberEats, GrubHub, DoorDash and Postmates
- Oceans Seafood Restaurant: Takeout available
- Piazza Trilussa Ristorante: Takeout available. Delivery from DoorDash and Postmates available
- Pollo Dokys: Takeout available. Delivery from DoorDash and GrubHub available. Takeout special: 1 Whole Chicken & 2 Sides for only $19.50
- Romanos Pizza Subs and Salads: Takeout available. Delivery from UberEats and Postmates from 10:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
- Salsas Restaurant: Takeout and delivery available through UberEats, GrubHub, DoorDash and Postmates from 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
- Sammy’s Place: Takeout available from Tuesday through Sunday, 4 p.m. – 9 p.m
- Smokin’ Burgers: Takeout and delivery available
- Sonic Drive-In: Curbside pickup and takeout available from 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. daily
- Southern Belle Café: Curbside pickup and takeout, delivery through GrubHub. Open Monday thru Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunshine Café: Takeout available daily from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Super Shawarma Mediterranean Grill: Takeout and delivery through UberEats. Open Monday-Saturday from 11:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Tony’s Burgers: Takeout and delivery available through UberEats, GrubHub, DoorDash and Postmates. Open from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. – 10 p.m on weekends
- Umami Seoul: Takeout. Open 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thursday through Monday. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Upper Crust Pizza: Takeout and delivery available through DoorDash and Postmates daily
- Yiannis Tavera and Wine Bar: Takeout available and delivery from DoorDash.
- Zobo & Meester’s: Takeout and delivery from GrubHub and Postmates available from Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Economic Protection Plan & Support for Residents - Resident request for support - Lift to rise
Frequently Asked Questions
By the Numbers
- As of May 18, 2020, California has 81,795 confirmed cases and 3,334 deaths.
- Testing in California
As of May 18, 1,339,316 tests have been conducted in California and reported to the California Department of Public Health. This represents an increase of 46,644 tests over the prior 24-hour reporting period. These numbers include data from commercial, private and academic labs, including Quest, LabCorp, Kaiser, University of California and Stanford, and the 25 state and county health labs currently testing.
Source: Governor’s Office of Emergency Services