Has your small, for-profit business been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic? If so, you may be eligible to receive a $10,000 grant from the Riverside County COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Program. You do not have to pay back the grant. This is a first come, first serve basis grant program. Once the $45 million is gone, the grant program ends. Don’t delay!
From the Riverside County Business & Community Services webpage:
Businesses located within Riverside County that have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic are encouraged to apply for a $10,000 COVID-19 Small Business Grant from the County of Riverside.
Businesses applying for the Grant Program must meet certain eligibility criteria. All grants are subject to underwriting and approval. Please note that due to limited funds, not all applications submitted will receive funding.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION, PLEASE READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS SHEET ATTACHED, AND THE INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
Before you start, please note:
- The deadline to apply is Monday, August 31st, 2020 at 5:00pm
- You will only be able to upload documents if you are deemed eligible to apply.
- You can return to your application once you start it
- Applications must be complete to be considered for funding
- For any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1. Is your Business Eligible to Apply?
To be eligible, your business must:
- Be an existing For-Profit business since March 1st, 2019 located within the County of Riverside
- Be able to demonstrate adverse business impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a current business license from the City in which your business is located if you are within a city limit.
- Be in good standing with the City your business is located in or the County of Riverside (i.e. No open code violations)
- The following businesses are not eligible for funding: Nonprofits, Illegal businesses, passive income real estate projects, cannabis related businesses, adult entertainment businesses, or religious organizations.
- Also, Businesses with more than 49 employees, including the owner(s), or businesses which have received Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans from the Federal Government are not eligible for the grant.
Eligible grant uses can include:
- Necessary equipment and operating technology
- Inventory and working capital including PPE
- Facility cleaning & restoration
- Rent or business mortgage payments
- Employee retention and support
Step 2. Upload the required documents with your application.
As part of the application process, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Copy of your current City Business License if you are within a city limit.
- Copy of your Business Income Statement as of 12/31/19, or if not available, your business 2019 or 2018 Federal Tax Returns Cover Sheet
If you have any questions about these documents, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Step 3. Complete the following during the application process:
- County of Riverside Grant Agreement
- Safe Reopening Plan
- Federal Tax W9 Form with your EIN or Social Security Number
- ACH Form requiring your business bank account routing Information
To apply, go to: https://mainstreetlaunch.org/contact-us-riverside/